Shop Lead – Kansas City, MO terminal
(Describe primary function of the job):
This role assists the Shop Manager by leading the maintenance teams responsible for mechanical and electrical repair and maintenance of a tractor/trailer fleet. Shop Lead oversees work assigned to maintenance team and addresses minor discipline problems with team members.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule shop work flow
- Order parts for equipment
- Coordinate outside repairs and issue PO’s
- Invoice entry into computer systems
- Open, inspect, correct and close repair orders
- Daily PM tracking and coordination of completion
- Assist mechanics when needed
- Work with Accounting Dept to ensure accuracy of invoices
- Perform Shop safety audit
- And, other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of one year in tractor/truck fleet maintenance
- Experience in diagnostic equipment
- Good communication skills to interact with drivers, dispatch, suppliers, and customers.
(specific physical requirements):
- Climb ladders and steps
- Ability to enter and exit tractor and trailers
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Manual dexterity
- Able to lift 50 lbs
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee will perform other related duties and responsibilities outside of their normal responsibilities as required by management.